Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Le jardin d'hiver

This morning Orsie joined me for a spot of green-thumbery in our very overlooked "garden". I gave the camellias a quick prune, fixed up the lemon tree a bit and pulled out some dead herbs which died as a result of too much rain over the last few weeks. The bougainvilleas or bogans as they are fondly referred to in our house, are very much leafless and sad looking, (I'm hoping that they hibernate in the winter) however I can happily report that all is not lost in the winter garden: our parsley is thriving and our lemon tree is fruitful.

I plan on reviving the garden once the renovations are complete. There doesn't seem much point fixing it up a treat when it will be shortly covered in a thick film of dust and rubbish now does there. It's a small space but there's enough room for our BBQ, a little more storage in the form of a cool BBQ unit built in along the western wall and re-planting of all the plants. I'm thinking herbs for la cucina and lots of fragrant and pretty white flowers... ah... it's nice to dream. See lemon tree positively prospering below.

While I'm at it, here are a few pics from my Dad's garden last Winter in lovely Hobart.




No comments:

Post a Comment