Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Redfern Gardeners Club

So I told you a while ago about the community garden that was being established at the end of our laneway right? Well, after just two working bees with about 20+ local men, women, children and dogs working feverishly, I am very pleased to let you that the garden is planted, the seedlings are sown.

So, I worked on the herb garden bed with Young St local, Corinne and we planted about 30 seedlings including rosemary, thyme, sage, basil, parsley (both types), coriander, lemongrass, chives, garlic chives, oregano and many more that I can no longer remember. As a centrepiece we planted a magnificent mature yellow nasturtium, very kindly donated by my green thumb landscaping neighbour John.

So I'm currently on Tuesday watering duty, until I go back to work when I might take on a lazy summer evening watering shift. Picture it... gently watering all the growing plants while watching the neighbours come home from work, with the crickets and cicadas singing while the sun goes down. Not a bad life.

No comments:

Post a Comment