Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Wedding...

Kate Middleton in Alexander McQueen
We've all ooh'ed and ahh'd over it now but here's my summation of the event just in case you haven't had enough.

So the bride wore McQueen. Hooray! Just as I was hoping.

Here are my thoughts on Kate's dress. Wonderfully Grace of Monaco up top, beautifully simple. Fabulously flattering neckline that was beautiful, classic and a little but sexy all in one. Loved the soft veil. Silk tuille with hand embroidered flowers on the trim. What a special item for her to hang onto and perhaps pass on to a daughter. Gorgeous full skirt and train but not too old fashioned. What a tiny little waist she has and so beautifully presented in that cinched in gown. I think she hit the right balance between tradition (lace, hand embroidery etc) and modernism (simple, choosing McQueen, lack of jewels apart from fabulous diamond earrings).
The Duchess and Duke of Cambridge
And Pippa her little sister looked so chic and modern and stylish. Divine. I mean she's still a commoner isn't she, ;)  so I can say it: she looked hot. Absolutley hot.
Pippa Middleton.
Ok now to the boys, how hot did Harry and Wills look in heir official get-up? Spunks! I'd like to see Harry and Pippa hook up at the after party, sorry Chelsea but what a fab pair they'd make.
Princes William and Harry
As for the guests, well I can't say I was terribly impressed. Were any of you? I don't doubt there was an awful lot of hairspray used and  hours in the salons of London used by the congregation in preparation, but really, apart form a few standouts, I didn't see much in the way of chic day wedding dressing. And it was a roayl wedding being watched by over 2 billion people!
I thought Victoria and David Beckham looked fabulous. She six months pregnant in one of her own designs and a Phillip Treacy hat, looked appropriate and stylish I thought. He clad in a traditional morning suit and sporting wonderfully debonair hair looked sensationtional.
David and Victoria Beckham
Some of the European royalty upped the standard including Princesses Marie Chantal of Greece and Letizia of Asturias. Both adhering to traditional morning wedding attire rules (one colour across dress, jacket and accessories) but not in the dull manner carried out by so many of the other guests.
Princess Letizia of Asturias

Princess Marie Chantal of Greece
I thought Sophie Windsor looked great. She was decked out in nay Armani and again, played by the palace rules without saying goodbye to current fashion and she did it well.
Sophie Windsor
But fashion aside, one of the most touching things about this wedding is the way Wills kept whispering nice things like "I love you" and "you look beautiful" and winking at her presumably to stop her getting too freaked out and nervous. Just a little reminder that at the end of the day, regardless of the 2.4billion people watching, its just their wedding after all. Ahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment