Friday, January 06, 2012

Fit to Ski

In less than two short months, we're heading off to the USA for a 2 week ski trip and it's fair to say, I'm more than just a little excited about it. Given we'll be skiing later than we usually do in the northern hemisphere, we're hoping for lots of snow and maybe even some sunshine. Lord knows skiing becomes even more heavenly on a bluebird day.

Where will I by heading I hear you ask? Seven blissful (ok hard core) days of skiing in Jackson Hole with our good friends Tana and Gary followed by seven stunning days of skiing (and maybe just a smidge of window shopping) with the fabulous Matt and Trudie in Aspen. Oh and a couple of nights in LA to check out the scene, suss out a few restaurants that I've been keen to try and generally unwind and chill out.

So in preparation for this magnificent trip, I have commenced a fairly intense training phase. Let's just say that my fitness routine was all but dormant over the past few months but not anymore kids. I am well and truly back into it. There have been runs, circuits, weights, boxing, push ups, sit ups and more. I've even enlisted the help of a fun and friendly French personal trainer.

There's a long way to go I'm still huffing and puffing my way through all workouts but I'm hopeful that by March 3, I'll have quads of steel and all-day stamina to conquer those mountains. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment