Saturday, May 12, 2012

TIme to Look at Watches.

Trudes (featured above, centre of photo on her wedding day) has requested that I do a watch post. Which is a splendid idea really for several reasons. Firstly, because I love watches, secondly because I don't think a person can ever have too many watches and thirdly because I was in need of a good blog topic. So let's get to it then.

I am obsessed with vintage, large-faced man-style watches and if I had a lazy $30k lying around, this is what I'd be spending it on. The grand dame of watches. The gold Rolex. No need for ellaborate emellishment. The chicest of Rolexes in my view are the plainest. Let that big old chunk of gold speak elegantly and proudly for itself. I think yellow gold works best with pink toned skin.
Rolex Datejust Champagne Index Dial President Bracelet 18k Yellow Gold Watch 179178CSP
Rolex Lady Date Just in Yellow Gold
And then there's the rose gold option, nice if your skin is has a yellow tone:
Rolex Datejust 18k Rose Gold Ladies Watch 179175RDP

And for understated 007 style, you cant go past a classic man size and man-style silver watch. Omega does it best. I'm a Seamaster girl myself. It's a great range.
k2660_1t.jpg
Seamaster Professional Chromometer
My sentimental favourite, the classic Hermes Cape Cod in tan leather never goes out of style. It's also a bit fabulous in other colours... like orange.


I also quite like a pop of colour for a playful wrist adornment. Wear this one when you exercise, hang out on the weekend or for a punky night on the town. The TOY watches are reasonably priced and really fun. I particularly like them in cobalt blue, yellow and orange.


I don't love the current Tag Heuer watches as much as the classic early 90's ranges, but I do like the Carerra. Visit the site to see them at Here

Michael Kors does some nice watches. If you want the Rolex look but cant afford one, check out the hunky plain gold man style watches Michael Kors does. Or the new mens 'Dylan' watch is hot don't you think?
Michael Kors Michael Kors Men's Dylan Chronograph Watch, Gunmetal
Michael Kors Men's Dylan Chronograph in gunmetal
I'm also kind of liking the new horn and tortoise-shell range from Michael Kors. Take a look. Fun I think and also reasonably priced.
Michael Kors Michael Kors Mid-Size Tribeca Chronograph Watch, Golden/TortoiseMichael Kors Michael Kors Tortoise Jet Set WatchMichael Kors Michael Kors Mini-Size Tessa Three-Hand Watch, Horn/EspressoMichael Kors Michael Kors Horn Chronograph Watch

And then there's Chanel. So many watches of theirs I have loved throughout the years. But it's hard to go past the men's black ceramic J12 Automatic. So chic.


Chanel Classic J12 in chrome
Chanel Men's Black Ceramic J12 Automatic

And then of course there's the Cartier tank. Is there a more elegant women's watch? I love them in stainless steel (no gold inserts necessary) in the old straight edged rectangular shape. This watch will never age.
k2862_1t.jpg
Cartier Ladies Tank Francaise in Stainless Steel
   And the watch-lover's watch has to be the Panarei. The one below is the mens Luminor 1950 but they have a large range. Look for the vintage ones, they're particularly fabulous.
Panarei Black ceramic and leather Luminor 1950

k2799_1t.jpg
Panarei Luminor Marina with leather alligator strap.
And if all this man style stuff is too much for you, check out the Chanel Premiere Collection. I like this one.
Chanel Premiere Steel Black Lacquer.
And if money were no object, this is what I'd be buying. The Chanel Premiere Toubillion Flying. Phwoar....



No comments:

Post a Comment