Monday, January 28, 2013

Femme d'armes

So this morning I received an email from a US designer behind a label called Femme d'armes who designed Louise Roe's magnificent black lace dress for the Golden Globes. All good and well except for the fact that I credited this beautiful gown to Vera Wang in my globes wrap up. Quel horreur indeed! My most sincere apologies to the team at Femme d'armes. As we all know, Vera needs no additional publicity so I am thrilled to be able to use the correction as an opportunity to give a plug to a cool designer I was not previously familiar with.

Launched in NYC by sisters Connie and Fannie (you can read more about them here) in 2010, their most recent SS13 collection includes suiting, jumpsuits and my favorite, some fantastic prints. Check the Cherie top and Odette skirt. I LOVE this skirt.
Femme d'armes SS13: cherie top with odette skirt.
And other beautiful pieces from the collection include:
Femme d'armes SS13: clemence bodysuit with sylvie pant. 
Femme d'armes SS13: dillon dress.
Femme d'armes SS13: gitane jumpsuit. 
Femme d'armes SS13: bailey dress.
Femme d'armes SS13: gigi jumper.
If you love Femme d'armes too you can buy them online at Shopbop or at the cools.






1 comment:

  1. Hello, again!

    Thank you so much for the correction...AND the plug!
    It is no secret that the fashion industry is extremely difficult for us emerging designers so any positive words are appreciated!
    I'm glad to have gotten the opportunity to introduce you to our line, femme d'armes. Hopefully, we'll be available in your neck of the woods soon!!
    All the Best,
    Fannie

    ReplyDelete