Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Organised Mother

I've heard many a parent bang on about how organised they became after having a child. I have to say I think I thought it was all a bit of a martyr statement until recently. But, I am soon to return to the workforce and thus I am now one of those annoying people who thinks that they are now sooo much more organised than they used to be.

You see this newfound sense of order has manifested itself in many ways but probably the most obvious is in our freezer. And I'm not alone. Allow me to introduce you to Trudie's freezer drawer...

Isn't amazing? Just looking at this makes me feel satisfied. Not only is this the height of organised heaven, but tasty meals in Trudie's freezer for little Iggy include: beef casserole, poached salmon and peas, lentils and vegie, raspberries and pear and blueberry and apple compote! How fabulous is that?

As I type I have a tasty little chicken, asparagus and sweetcorn number on the hob and yesterday I stashed a few pots of spag bol for him. It's odd but cooking and freezing does give one a real sense of contentment... ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment