Saturday, August 14, 2010

James St Community Garden


So a lovely neighbour of mine, (John the landscape gardener) told me a while ago about a small group of people from my local area who were working towards getting council approval to build a community garden.

Ever since falling in love with the River Cottage series on tele featuring Hugh Fernley Whittingstall, I've been keen on being part of such a project. Well now that's about to happen. The project team for the James St Community Garden in Redfern, have had their application approved and an $8,000 grant donated. After receiving a mailbox flier asking for interested people to attend a meeting a few weeks back, I got involved.

We start work on our little patch next Saturday, August 21, and I have to say, I'm more than just a little bit excited. I shall keep you up to date on our working bees, the development of the garden and any interesting gardening facts which should come my way.

2 comments:

  1. noice soph, going to try chili and coriander?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. They're both in. And we also planted them at home. YUM!

    ReplyDelete