Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Shoe Review

The Prada blue & white woven ankle strap pump. S/S collection.
A while back I spouted forth about the necessity for all of us stylish women, and men now that I think of it, to have a pair of statement shoes in closet. I invested in a most devine pair of Pierre Hardy power wedges in yellow and grey (see below) and I have caught myself perving on them in their box several times since. For it is true that a great pair of shoes can make a person very, very happy. And as for the truly life-altering Pradas above, well I haven't added them to my collection yet but they're on my e-bay 'to trawl' list at the end of the next northern summer. Surely there's a spoilt Manhattan princess who'll wear them a few times this Summer and then declare them totally obsolete come mid September... her trash will be my true ankle-buckled pleasure.
The Pierre Hardy colour block wedges in canvas and patent leather. 
But it's this time of year, when the seasons are turning when we find ourselves looking for a wardrobe update. So here is my April shoe review. Part II today and the rest tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to find the perfect shoe for any occasion. That I can do!

The First Date After Work Shoe
Isabel Marant raffia and leather pumps. 

The "Cruising the Markets" Shoe
Michael Kors buckled leather flats.
The Easy Yet Incredibly Chic Day Shoe
Pierre Hardy perspex and leather sandal.
The Thinking Man's Rock Chick Bootie
Alexander McQueen crystal studded suede ankle boots.

STAY TUNED FOR PART II TOMORROW...
All shoes above available now on Net A Porter.


1 comment:

  1. OMG you must check out Dries Van Noten Woven Raffia Bootie . not sure how to post a picture here.

    ReplyDelete