Saturday, April 16, 2011

Smooth Caramel


As we southern hemesphites head briskly towards the winter months, I've been spending a little time thinking about what colours I'm going to wrapping myself up in this winter. And thus far, it's all about caramel... and my old favourite orange will be present in the accessories I wear. A citrus shot in the midst of August always feels good.

So what are the key pieces one should consider buying in caramel? What about a caramel cape? Love a cape. Or a buttery smooth leather clutch or messenger bag. Big fan of the Alexa by Mulberry I am.
And I never could go past a great loafer or leather flat. Gucci do a beautiful chocolate pair with tassels (thank you Net A Porter, see below).
And then of course you've got your standard wardrobe staples in cashmere : the coat (pea length this season), the wrap (something tribal I think, maybe with a touch of gold) and what about some meltingly soft leather gloves. Always chic, forever classic and fabulously now when accessorised with something fun and quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment