Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Girls Night Out


When I find myself wiping up yet another spilled bowl of pear and rice cereal mush or throwing a half-eaten teething rusk at one of the all too regular redneck guests on Dr Phil, I like to start planning my outfit for the next Girls Night Out (GNO) or at very least contemplate the menu of the chosen restaurant.

Our most recent assault on Sydney after dark took place in Crows Nest - home of the Peacock Gardens Chinese restaurant. You see we like to mix things up us ladies... see all of Sydney, not just our usual haunts and we all kind of love Chinese food. About half the regular GNO attendees live on the northside so it's only fair to split the events on both sides of the bridge.

For the first time, we organised (that's the royal 'we', by we I actually mean my friend Boh) a banquet and pre-ordered wines. Now what a revelation that was. No fussing about with debates over fried versus steamed, no having to sell-in your fave entree to the group, just a seemingly endless flow of good food being deposited on our generous lazy Susan.

My favourites included the Sesame Prawn Toast (a triumph), Salt & Pepper squid (I know, it's everywhere but not often done this well) and a pretty damn fabulous Bombe Alaska (below). My word what a fine beast it was.


After that, we found ourselves sharing a very smooth bottle of wine (Curly Flat Pinot Noir) at nearby wine bar Small Bar www.smallbar.net.au/. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all. I think this was evidenced by pictures found on my camera the next day including Trudie wearing Iggy's beanie (top) and this little gem featuring Kailey who suffered a sartorial disaster in the form of a skirt malfunction (below). In true style, Kails managed to make it work by turning it round the other way. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment