Friday, June 11, 2010

"I Just Changed A Nappy on the Floor of Zigolini's".

There are few better ways to kick off a day than with a big belly laugh and my friend Leash gave me that yesterday morning when I caught up with her for brunch. Leash gave me a kiss and muttered the line above with fantastic deadpan delivery.

So it turns out that it's true what all those sage people with children say about kids soiling their nappies at the most inopportune times. Little Sammy managed to do some work right then and there in the chi chi Woollahra cafe prompting Leash to have to change her on the floor in front of other patrons and as luck (or not as the case may be) Orsie and I were running late as he too decided to produce a little something for me just as we were leaving the house. Good times.

Ah anyway, Sammy is a sight to behold with the most fantastic hair I've ever seen on a baby and these gorgeously smiling big blue eyes. She recently had to have a haircut because her hair was starting to look as though it was shaping itself into a comb-over.

So we enjoyed a fabulously civilised meal (for me it was the omelette and Leash had the scrambled eggs) and a great old chat.  We covered it all off... our babies, husbands, lack of sleep, food, Isabel Marant jackets and shopping. It was nice.

We then wandered over to the very fabulous Victor Churchill butcher to continue the conversation (ovens, steaks, whether our husbands cook dinner when we're out, schnitzels). Next stop was Seed. This is always dangerous territory for me and my credit card and today was no different. You see the four letters S.A.L.E were in the window so as a result Orsie has some new winter wardrobe additions. All very necessary of course. There was less chatting here as we were split up - Leash shopped the right hand side of the store where the girls clothes are positioned, and I the right. Then it was a cheeky squiz in Lesley McKays book shop, an old fave which always inspires me to pick up a book. (FYI, Pip they'd sold out of the Dukan Diet too). Topics covered here included kids books, kids birthday cards and reading to babies. And our final stop was the newsagent. There were a few new home magazines that I needed to pick up as I am currently deeply entrenched in kitchen renovation planning. It was outside the newsagent that our final items were tabled - prams, maternity leave, working from home and the (apparently) very difficult phase when one has to transition from full time motherhood to full time work.



I think I can safely say that we managed to solve at least some of the problems in our little world... there's no rush of course, we've got plenty more time to sort it out.

Thanks Leash. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment