Friday, June 18, 2010

Ribollita

Looking for a really tasty, warming and filling winter soup? I have it: Ribollita. The Tuscan bean and vegie soup with a hit of chili made its debut in our house this week and I think I'm in love.

I found the recipe in one of my current faves, Skye Gyngell's My Favourite Ingredients. She's got really simple but flavoursome recipes in this book, and it's  divided into chapters on each of her most loved ingredients including asparagus, beans, game, honey... you get the drift. I'm dying to visit her restaurant in London, (Petersham Nurseries Cafe, Richmond) next time I'm over there. I'm really inspired by her use of seasonal and local ingredients and the menu changes daily and weekly.

I'll cook some more delicious things from the book over the coming weeks and let you know how it goes. www.petershamnurseries.com/cafeandteahouse.asp

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks like one I need to try. Recipe please! Vx

    ReplyDelete