Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kim K's Getting Married

Ok so I think I've admitted before that I follow the Kardashians. There's no point denying it. I hope Mimi doesn't read this. She was very disappointed when I admitted to watching Better Homes and Gardens, how will she ever cope with this????
Anyway, so back in my maternity leave days I started watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians and then I watched Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, I looked very briefly at Khloe and Lamar but hated it, again got involved with Kim and Kourtney Take New York. And now there appears to be another season of KUWTKs so I'm watching that.
So, tomorrow Kim gets married to her basketball (or is it baseball?) playing husband Kris Humphries somewhere in Santa Barbara. My suspician is that she decided on him when she realised he had a name starting with a K. This seems to be somthing that the girls are mildly obsessed with. I watched an episode once where they talked about "baggsing" all the names starting with K before they had kids.
Kim is my least favouriate Kardashian. There's nothing wrong with her per se but she's a little vacuous and boring compared to the others. The fact that she is happily selling her entire wedding out for a TV show alone makes her someone I probably wouldn't have a great time with down at the pub. Kourtney is a different story. She's dry, funny, sarcastic and seems to keep a few things back from the camera which is cool I think. I also like that she doesn't succumb to the pressure (mainly from her mother) to get married.
So yes the big wedding is tomorrow. Apparently she's going to wear 3 Vera Wang gowns. One for the ceremony, one for the reception and one "going away" outfit at the end of proceedings. Much as there is a lot about Hollywood over-the-top-ness that I hate, I kind of don't mind that idea much. I think 3 dresses is OTT but looking back to my wedding day (5 years ago this year people, YAY US!) I think it would have been kind of cool to slip into something less full on and formal at the after party. Yes I had an after party. Six hours of wedding and reception was just not enough. Something modern and cool but still fabulously bridal and that still stands out from the crowd. After all you've already got killer heels on, amazing hair and make-up, might as well make it work for two looks rather than just one right?

So I'll do some post wedding analysis and commentary here. I'll run you through it from my POV. The ups the downs, the cool and the not so cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment